

I am reminded of the suffering there is in delivering the Gospel as I look at my legs and find myself unable to sleep at night. There are so many bugs in this country and everyone of them bite. Last week on Thursday we had our second practice on the field. I decided to wear shorts to get a little sun on my legs. Well, at the end of practice my legs were red but not from the sun. I had 23 bug bites from the top of my knees to my sock line. One bite looked as if I had gotten hit by one of the softballs but it itches so terribly I now have a bruise from scratching it. As I search the scriptures for answers in other areas in my life. I see God is faithful and I can breath again (literally). He is faithful in showing me scripture that will encourage me once again. 2 Corinthians 4:7-12 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show at this surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus sake so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."
2 comments:
You got me all worried about your bug bits and then I look at the picture. I only see four little bites on that leg. Where are the other 19?
JUST SAY NO TO SCRATCHING.
(If it works for drugs, it'll work for bug bites... )
LOVE,
Troy
Okay big brother there is an explaination. I was showing you the one that was the size of my hand. But I understand you couldn't possible grasp what I am talking about without getting bit by one of these. Now I know why no one wears shorts around here. Their legs are not pretty. Here is another photo with more bites.. if that helps you feel sorry for me.. ;)
Post a Comment