
So when I first got here I was going to buy bananas and I heard the lady in spanish say something like fifty Q for the bananas. I didn't know how many that would buy me or if she was talking pounds or not. But in my head that was way to much to spend on bananas. So seven months later after my Spanish is much better, I am really craving a banana. I got to the store close to our school and (luckly or unluckly) one of our neighbor lady's was standing there as well. I told her I wanted 5Q worth of bananas. She took me by the hand and started grabbing bananas. I ended up with like 16 bananas. I didn't want to tell her I really didn't want that many bananas so I brought them back home with me. Realizing they were .50 Q per four bananas.
Needless to say my roommates were very curious who bought all the bananas. I humbly had to tell them my story. At least they got a big kick out of it.
The other silly thing I did this week was make new flyers for our volleyball night. And because I don't have a spanish computer I can't put the correct accents over the letters that need it. I usually remember to do it by hand but this time around I forgot. There was a sentence in the paragraph talking about "you have to be twevle years old play." But in spanish I wrote "You must have 12 butt-holes (anos) to play". So for this I got a call from the head of the ministry at 7 a.m. laughing hysterically with me.
Just thought I would share a little humor.
There are bananas in the picture. After I published this.. it was funny I put the title Bananas and Years because it looks like I am going to write something about "Bananas help you stay young" or "You get old if you don't eat bananas" but I didn't (and they don't!)
2 comments:
Wow Tina-
You are perhaps the funniest person I know! I too will giggle all day long when I think of these two stories!
Love ya,
Amy
Perhaps if a person were to eat 5Q worth of bananas you really would need 12 anos to play volleyball.
:)
Post a Comment