Friday, August 04, 2006

YOU CAN DO IT!


For the past five weeks I have been hearing this phrase over and over again. It's been amazing. It's not just one person screaming at me (if it were I would be very frightened.) It's been so many people who don't even know my circumstances. Even my little nephew has a book my brother's family reads to him called "You can do it!" I recorded several videos of him while I was visiting but the one of him doing everything his daddy does in this book just inspires me. My brother would say an animal and then do a motion. My nephew is encouraged to try the motion. Sometimes he got it perfect other times his legs just wouldn't let him do it just like Dad. God has shown me so many things I can change and become more like him. It's so hard at times, I feel so much like a toddler. I feel like I am not even going to come close to doing all he is asking. Then God speaks through others.... you can do it! His Word says I have been blessed with the power of the Holy Spirit. Anything is possible. Anything God? Yes, you can do it!
Whether it be my spanish, learning new chords on the guitar and singing spanish words to the music, giving more of myself, loving those who have hurt me, forgiving and forgetting; God is saying, I can do it! It's been so encouraging to read the Word and really fight for truth with truth.

Imitating the book; "I am God and I share my Love... can you do it?" "I CAN DO IT!!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina-

What a neat story! I learn a lot from kids every day! I love ya, and miss ya!

Amy

Anonymous said...

I am a big brother and I say, "I love you!"
Can you do it?

YOU CAN DO IT!

love,
Troy

PS. Of course, that special I CAN DO IT book was a gift from his Aunt 'T' !!!
Here's what you wrote to him when you sent "From Head to Toe" to Baby Huck:
"I hope you learn all you need to know about the body... I love you. Keep drawing with daddy and smiling for the camera."