
We finsihed our basketball unit with a game for our Sports Club last Sunday. We had the boys play the girls and it was an exciting time. We had uniforms for the boys and they were very excited to play the girls. The girls were alittle over confident with their numbers being more then the boys. The fifth and sixth grade boys did show their stuff and beat the girls 43 to 15. The MVP of the boys team, Tony, scored 28 points and couldn't miss. We had quite a few people their cheering them on and even our Pastor came out to cheer them on. Many people showed up with microwave popcorn and the excitment was in the air. I was very pleased to see so many young people who didn't come out for basketball this year show excitement for next year. Our Director shared how he can see great things coming from this program. I was encouraged and felt like for once I am really starting to feel like I am making a difference here.
1 comment:
Of course you make a difference!!!! They love you and love that you love them!
Post a Comment