
So we have started baseball/softball practices. We start with boys at 3:00 and girls at 4:30 till 6:00. It's been very exciting to see them work so hard at practice. Teaching them the basic fundamentals, rules and how it relates to the bible has been so incredible. These kids are used to just hanging out and having something structured is different for them. I decided because they are not familiar with the rules of most sports that I would teach baseball and softball. I have two high school students who are playing and going through everything with us to learn to teach it. Please pray for our sports programs here because it's necessary to do things with them during their break which is from Oct. 15th - Jan. 9th. During this time they have tons of free time and nothing to do. It's also a time I can go home and spend with my family/friends. I am praying about when to come home during the break beacause many of my family members want me home soon. The kids want me here to keep sports going. I am torn because there is also a need for me to try and get sponsors back home. We stared with 20 soccer balls this Feb. and we are aleady down to 12 balls because they have been flattened by the cement walls and fences. I also found out we have increased rent which means I will need to find more supporters for myself to live here. This takes time to spend telling others the vision I have for the sports program and to ask for money always takes a certain amount of time to be patient. I would appreciate your prayers on this subject. I understand being a missionary doesn't stop whether you are in another country or not. I so feel like, I want to stay and help; but apart of me knows there is even more I can do with going back if I can reach more supports. Thanks for your help in praying for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment