
So have you ever had a really crazy dream before and woke up? Then when you wanted to go back to sleep to go back to the dream to see where it leads, it didn't happen you couldn't go back. Well, this time I went to sleep and woke up two times only to find myself back in the same dream. Now this dream was very strange yet when I shared it with a friend she laughed hysterically. I am not going to share all the dream with you but I will give you a very short but hilarious insight.
So it begins with me getting back with someone. This person and I find ourselves back together in Israel and the next thing I know we are in Las Vegas getting married on a escalator. Yeah.. like we were one of hundreds of couples on this escalator and they just zipped us right through. We were wondering why everyone else had black duck tape on their clothing or hats and later we found out if you didn't have duck tape you weren't really married. So we found ourselves alittle frustrated. I wake up. Then I go back to sleep and he has sent me to a beauty salon to get my hair colored and cut. (it was a nice thing) I didn't mind.. but I was late to the shop and the gate was closing. The girls at the shop were like really upset I came in so late and started talking about me. I finally told them my circumstances and how I was going to get married to this great guy. I then started gluing a toothbrush to a piece of paper while explaining my whole life story to these women. My dad was in the lobby; don't ask me how he got there. I had several other things happen but I will leave just this part for you to enjoy.
If you know me.. I have never been to Israel even though I would like to go. I can't stand Las Vegas or the thought of being married there. I am not fond or unfond of duck tape but it's very handy. I rarely go to beauty salons because my father was hairdresser for most of my hair growing life. I would never share my life story with women I don't know. The toothbrush; I have no idea what that is about.
I am not in a hurry to get married. I promise!!! I just want the Will of God. Help!!!!!
1 comment:
Well, actually, everything in the dream IS you. All of it: Israel, Vegas, the escalator, all the other people with duct tape on their clothing, the groom, the toothbrush, even Dad-- it's all you, Tina Sue.
Of course, you have to ask yourself: "What does Israel mean to me? Is it a happy place? A holy place? A place of war and strife? An escalator goes up and goes down. Am I going up? Am I going down? You say duct tape is handy -- so ask yourself, do I see myself as handy? Or how am I handy? Am I fixing things/people/myself? Do I need someone handy in my life? Do I look good in black? What is a toothbrush? What does a toothbrush really do? How am I like that?"
The idea here is that God does talk to us in our dreams. We talk to ourselves in our dreams. Dreams are like messages, signs on the road. Some signs are like giant billboards, some are like bumper-stickers. But when you're asleep, the only person writing all those messages is YOU. You come up with all those images and situations and characters. You give them to yourself in your dreams. You wake up in the morning and you try and make sense of it. You ignore it or dwell on it, forget it or obsess over it. Is God guiding those messages, prompting you, in a sense, to talk to yourself and (more importantly) listen to yourself? I think so.
So, the long and the short of it is this: if this dream or another dream sticks with you and you find yourself really thinking about it, stop and consider the "signs" that you have seen. Ask God to help. Ask loved ones for feedback But remember, other people can't tell you what you're dreams mean-- unless they wear a coat of many colors or like sitting in lion's dens. And even those guys will tell you -- only God can interpret dreams. :)
5 cents, please.
Post a Comment