

I am returning to the States to work on getting more finances for my support, the sports club and to see my family/friends. The longer I am here in Guatemala the less I want to leave. It seems the more spanish I learn, the more I start thinking in that manner now and people are realizing they can communicate with me finally. God has been so amazing to me and I continue to pray for His perfect timing in what I need to get accomplished. Recently, I had a meeting with our director talking about staying here for several more years. He explain to me the importance of speaking the language and grasping the culture. So today, I went by myself to a language school in town and it was very exciting to hear what they had to offer me. I am planning on taking a few weeks to go through their course. It looks like things are pointing to the beginning of November for my return.
The other interesting thing is while I have been here, I have been able to communicate with family more then ever. I used to talk with my mom about once or twice a month. Now, we talk about twice a week or more (via e-mail or phone). I am very excited about going home and seeing everyone. I am a little nervous for my first trip home and what will be different.
The other reasons I feel like God is calling me to stay a little longer is because we are hoping to start up sports camps during vacation. It's our hope we can bring kids into our club and gain repetition with practicing everyday instead of twice a week. Please pray for direction as we ask the parents this next week what they would want in a sports program. Pray I will gain wisdom and strength. There is no place like home but home is where your heart is always. It's tough when your heart is two different places. It's not difficult when you hear his voice and are being lead. Thanks God for allowing me to be more patient for your direction.
2 comments:
Tina-
I can't wait to see you!
Love,
Amy
You forgot to mention how you used to talk to your brother once or twice a month before you went to Guat -- and now you still talk to me about once or twice a month. :)
How 'bout that good-lookin' beard? Dang, I oughta do that again.
LOVE!
Troy Boy
Post a Comment