



Danielle is one of my Kinder students in the green dress and she is so smart. She was also named a Princes in this years San Cristobel Indepence Day celebration. She decided to take some photo's of her teacher. She took several but I will only share one. We had a great time. Kids here love to see themselves in our cameras. They will stand infront of you until you take their picture. This time, I was the one getting pictures take of me. So I grabbed a few friends and we had a little photo shoot. Sometimes I don't mind being looked at as a Superhero. For my birthday the Women teachers made posters of those who have birthdays. They turned me into Miss Invisible. It was very funny and cute. I was happy they made me into someone with a great figure. I look back though, and it's amazing how sometimes I have felt that way. I didn't know at the time it was a power though. I guess there is imagery in everything. Sometimes when you are forced to see things in a different light it helps you appreciate times when you had to be put in a position to be able to be used or just learn. Not being about to speak the language has helped me be silent in times, I would normally have said something. Recently, I have had to learn a lesson about the culture here and I guess I need to remember to keep my superhero suit on at all times. Not that I need to be invisible but just know it's important to keep a low profile as a woman here in this culture and respect others on your team. Motivation is completely different here and people are completely on a different wave length at times. Teaching kids to reach out and adults to stay calm. I am learning to be a better hero. I need to keep learning how to use my powers to help others.
Side note:
Recently, we were having baseball practice in one of the class rooms because it was raining so hard. I was teaching them how to keep score and explaining all good principles when suddenly our principle came rushing in and told us to get out quickly. He turned off all the electrity and the next thing I know.... we were standing in a foot of water. The campus flooded because there was something stuck in our drain pipe. We had easily three feet of water on our campus. The kids decided it was play time and off they went running in the water. It was alot of fun. Needless to say practice was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment