
I guess it's been on my mind. I watched the movie "flight 93" the other day and found myself thanking those who risked their lives to save others. I can't believe what courage they had and I just wanted to leave something on my blog about it. Five years ago today I was in a meeting with our staff at Friends University. After the meeting someone reported a plane had flown into the Twin Towers. My brother and his wife live in NY and my brother at the time worked downtown. I turned on my television and the image of the tower burning was a sad sight but at that time it was thought to have been an accident. Then while watching the news another airplane ramed the other tower. Fear drove through my heart of my brother being close by and several minutes later the towers fell. I knew my brother would be one to help and it scared me terribly. I called but got nothing. Two hours later, I recieved a call from my sister saying they were fine and my brother was helping the Red Cross with finding missing people. It was something no one could comprehend. Now it's five years later. I am away from home in a different country and celebrating Guatemalan independence. My brother still lives in NY and they are very proud New Yorkers. I am sure they are remembering today and are thankful for how NY has grown stronger and have become better Americans. I am praying for the families who lost love ones and for many of their heroic efforts that saved lives. God Bless you! NYPD and NYFD.
1 comment:
We flew flags and did stop to remember and our hearts hurt once again. But we go on in Jesus name. Love Mom
Post a Comment