Saturday, September 30, 2006

Otra Vez (Try Again) to Fly kites





In my spanish understandings. I knew we were going to fly kites, I knew what day and I knew near the church. What I got wrong was which church. I thought we were going to fly kites in our church's field but we ended up taking an hour hike up a moutainside to the top of the mountain. The church was a sacrficial church were they burn animals. It was quite interesting. It didn't seem to phase them a bit that there was an animal still burning on the top of the mountain. I was focusing on the fact it wasn't a big deal to them but my spirit felt at odds with the whole deal. I was just thankful for their attitude because I knew in thier minds it meant nothing to them.

There was plenty of wind this time and we flew our kites clear across town. It was amazing to see the view of the city. What a beautiful place God has chosen for me to live. We flew kites, ate chocolate covered bananas and drank cokes. It was odd to be doing all this on someone elses holy place but we did have a great afternoon.

On the way back, we picked more fruit and had a fruit fight. The cool thing about this is serveral of my friends have just started going to our church on a regular basis. It's been great to see because at the beginning of the year none of them were involved to the extent they are now. PTL for friendships and for God to really touch their hearts. Challenging them to get to a place where they know it's important to build good Christian friendships and do good pleasing things instead of going wild.

No comments: