





San Cristobel celebrated with fireworks and parades. It was very sweet to see so many families together walking hand and hand. They held flags and banners representing their country as a whole. It was a very beautiful day. The day before we had a run from San Cristobel to Santa Cruz. I rode in the back of a truck and cheered the runners. Took pictures of runners and passed out water. Some had to jump in the back of trucks after running a short while but everyone ran a little. It was very fun to watch them get dressed in their blue and white. I enjoyed taking pictures for the school but afterwards I started missing my family more. We got the following monday off because we had to walk in the parade on Friday. It was nice to get away with another missionary for a day and just relax. We went to a waterfall and enjoyed a swim in the river. Somedays I wonder if I am in Heaven when I see the beauty of this country. It's only when I get bit by bugs I realize I am not!
1 comment:
Your local looks like I envision heaven. I think every place holds a piece of heaven and when we finally get there we are going to realize what Jesus meant when He said, "Mind has not imagined nor eye seen what God has in store for us". It will be even MORE beautiful. Awsome thought, huh? MOM
Post a Comment