Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bad News Bears Day


We are now on our second week of baseball and softball. It's been awesome teaching them a game they know nothing about. I feel like I did when I was in Africa and I told one of the girls who was chasing another girl to "tag her.. tag her" and she ended up throwing the ball at the other girl. Today one of my better players turned around at short-stop and it looked like she was putting on lip stick. I teased her and later found out it was a piece of cherry candy she put in her mouth. Also today in PE we played a game called "pepper" and in the game you are not really suppose to hit the ball hard because people are standing in a line infront of you to pass the ball down once you hit it. Well, one girl swung very hard and it hit another girl smack in the eye (luckily it was a wiffle ball not a real softball). Boys, they are doing a little bit better with catching the ball and throwing. But they still are not to fond of the catchers gear. Most of them walk around like they can't move in the gear (it's so hilarious). Also the helmets have masks on them but so do the catchers helmets. More then once they have put on the catchers helmet to run bases. One thing I didn't think to get for the boys were cups. Opps! So far no serious injuries. We have only been playing with the soft baseball. Remember this: "Who's on first, What's on second, I don't know is on third." It's sometimes truly that confusing for them. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shoulda listened to the boys, they suggested cups, what do I know, I'm a girl!

Amy