Well, sometimes people surprise you and give to you when you are there to give to them. I have made very good friends with a mother of three children. She works in a clothing material store in the square of the town with her parents. I visit her store probably five to ten times a week. I think I bought an iron one time but mainly I just visit with her about anything and everything. Mostly, we talk about sports and how we can get woman more involved. She loves all sports like me. We have been on the same volleyball, basketball and soccer teams together. She is such a sweet friend. I am two years younger then her and she has a 16 year old son. We had a formal wear praise and worship night and I told her I had nothing to wear. Which was very true but I was also making an excuse to not go. She asked me to come to her house and she had a red dress for me. Without hesitation we headed off to her house to try on clothes. She allowed me to borrow this pretty Latino dress. I was thrilled and helped her pick between two dresses (which were stunning) for her on the special night. I called the day of the event and asked if I could sit with her family. She of course said yes. The evening once again was geared toward families and of course I am without one. But Magaly grabbed my hand and told me she loved me very much. It was very sweet as her daughter grabbed my hand as well and we sat there as a family. She gave so much to me that night. A sense of belonging and hopefully I gave her a friendship she will always remember. She has had a difficult time with her husband and it's not been easy for her at different times these past two years. Please pray for her marriage and children. She is a wonderful person.
"...you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalms 22:9-10
Monday, August 27, 2007
My Sweet Friend Magaly
Well, sometimes people surprise you and give to you when you are there to give to them. I have made very good friends with a mother of three children. She works in a clothing material store in the square of the town with her parents. I visit her store probably five to ten times a week. I think I bought an iron one time but mainly I just visit with her about anything and everything. Mostly, we talk about sports and how we can get woman more involved. She loves all sports like me. We have been on the same volleyball, basketball and soccer teams together. She is such a sweet friend. I am two years younger then her and she has a 16 year old son. We had a formal wear praise and worship night and I told her I had nothing to wear. Which was very true but I was also making an excuse to not go. She asked me to come to her house and she had a red dress for me. Without hesitation we headed off to her house to try on clothes. She allowed me to borrow this pretty Latino dress. I was thrilled and helped her pick between two dresses (which were stunning) for her on the special night. I called the day of the event and asked if I could sit with her family. She of course said yes. The evening once again was geared toward families and of course I am without one. But Magaly grabbed my hand and told me she loved me very much. It was very sweet as her daughter grabbed my hand as well and we sat there as a family. She gave so much to me that night. A sense of belonging and hopefully I gave her a friendship she will always remember. She has had a difficult time with her husband and it's not been easy for her at different times these past two years. Please pray for her marriage and children. She is a wonderful person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment