Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Everyone!



I guess I learned something finally. When it's your birthday, as you get older, you are the one who has to get things going for your own birthday party. Which, without crazy friends back home, I decided to do things a little differently. I keep telling Scott in order to have long lasting relationships you must serve others first. I had the best birthday because I wasn't thinking of how others could serve me but how I could serve others. Profe. Salo had a birthday on Sunday and then the flood came so.. his birthday got forgotten. So I brought tostados for all the teachers to celebrate Prof. and I's birthday. We eat a lot of tostados!!! Lunch was spent with my best friend here, Juanita. She and I ate pizza at this fun little restaurant in town. Caught up on things we hadn't talked about forever. In the afternoon, I baked another cake because the first one didn't rise very well. After church I had invited whoever wanted to come and personally invited those who probably needed and extra nudge. We had plenty of food and cake. So it worked out great!! I even served my favorite tea "Refresh Mint"! And it was a big hit!!! I realized as I was praising God this morning in my worship time. I came into this world to serve not be served. WOW!!!! And you know what it was so nice to serve others last night in my home and watch them enjoy their time with friends. So next time you have a birthday, remember your birthday day is the day you were sent into this world to serve others, so do it! It makes for a great birthday!! Christ, I think looks down on this little earth and on Christmas day and smiles! Because for a month we were thinking of others and why he came into this world, it was to serve not be served.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! It's so sad that there was no one there with giant clown feet or any ping pong playing speedo wearing African men present at your party! We'll have to have another un-birthday party with raspberry pie when you come home! I love you sweetie!