Well, it's been only two weeks since I have been back and yet it has been more then tough. The West family left today and Brad fields took off for the States as well. For the last few months every other night was spent watching movies and hanging out playing games with the West. I don't mind saying they had a big impact in my life and helped me so much with just everything. I will miss them very much.
Today, I just felt lost and lonely. First time in a long time I have felt lonely. I miss Scott very much but it was like I just didn't have any friends here. I know this is not the case because I have some very sweet Guatemalan friends who invited me to hang out with their families the other day. Even though I was was two hours late because 12 and 2 sounds sort of the same to me. We had a great time hanging out playing volleyball and eating together. I just don't like change too much.
Talking with a friend today, she encouraged me to keep focused on why I am here for two more months and find those I am to serve. I just feel like I don't know how to serve when there is nothing going on recently. I did help with the flood victims and cleaning our school. I guess it's just not feeling productive and yet maybe it's time to pray and praise him. I do go through stages in life. Working three jobs at once and then nothing for awhile. I guess that's how God helps me reflect. Maybe he is giving me this time to reflect and rest before marriage. Even so, I must maintain direction and seek His face.
1 comment:
Hang in there sweetie! You are there for a reason sister! Wichita REALLY misses you, but Guatemala needs you right now!
Love you!
Post a Comment