Saturday, August 25, 2007

Let's Get Physical



My nephew started me working out while I was home. So I guess I have been working my butt off (literally)since I got back to Guat. I have been doing two workouts a day. Trying to burn fat and finding a few results. Working out here in Guatemala is interesting. In America, you have tons of people who go to the YMCA and they have a routine. Maybe not all but at least from what I remember in my days at the gym in the USA. Here, there are about five or six guys who lift for about 30 seconds and talk for about 15 minutes before doing another thing. Most of the woman get on the bike for about five minutes and then leave. Each week, I try to increase my time spent on the elliptical because I want to burn calories as well. I have toned quite a bit and lost enough weight for people to mention it. I am encouraged but it's hard to eat healthy here. I have been on a tuna diet for lunches and I love tuna so that's not bad. I guess, I am sharing with you all this to say. I am tired but still motivated to lose weight for my wedding coming up. My girlfriends are in this with me back home and it's encouraging to know they are working hard to look amazing for my wedding. I am so excited.
Side note with the title: Oliva Newton John was who I wanted to be when I was a little girl. My brother and I dress up like the Grease characters one time. I remember the photo really well of us with a Grease album. It's funning to think our mother allowed us to watch that movie. I would sing Hopelessly Devoted all the time. But her all time most hilarious video was "Let's get Physical" I think she was on roller skates in the video. Anyway, I am not roller skating around San Cristobal singing "Let's get Physical". Loved her... loved her.. but I think she turned out weird like all my childhood favorite singers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see I was able to inspire you to work out, Aunt Tina. I have the world's largest stomach, second only to my Daddy's, so I think I need to do some more push-ups. Maybe it's all those ice cream sandwiches?

I LOVE YOU!!!!!