I have been reading this book recently which has challenged me in my thinking. It's been difficult to have so many changes and goals not being accomplished as soon as I would like them to be. I am realizing my task oriented American ways have caused me to be less people oriented. I am realizing Jesus had a task at hand but he always cared for the peoples needs first.
"if we desire to be obedient to Jesus' command to carry the good news of his resurrection to the world, we must be willing to become 150 percent persons. WE must accept the value priorities of others. We must learn the different definitions and rules of the context in which they live. We must adopt their patterns and procedures for working, playing, and worshiping. We must become incarnated in their culture and make them our family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment