I am having a good time with teaching PE. Even though it has it's challenges. I am a lot more strict then the other PE teacher. I have rules and don't let the kids just run around crazy. I teach two classes at a time. So I usually have around 25 to 30 kids per class period. I am doing soccer with the older kids and basketball with the junior high and high school kids. The kinder-2nd graders are my hardest group because someone always gets hurt. Someone is always telling on another kid and half the time, I have no idea what they are telling on. So I say it's going to be okay or so and so stop being bad and play nice. So far it's been nice to be outside all morning. I like the fresh air and not having to be in the classroom. Watching kids play is so enjoyable and helping them learn to play together is awesome when they realize it can be fun. Thanks for your prayers and please continue to pray as each day there are different stories and extremely challenging kids who like to sit and not participate.
Ministry at the INN is having lots of changes recently. We are experiencing many people making changes and leaving for different reasons. Two families are leaving; one is a very close missionary family who has been here three years and they are very close to my heart (they are moving back to the states to help with the Ministry State side but also feel God calling them to move back) and the other is a family who has had some domestic violence recently and needs to leave soon. We have had two teachers move on to different professions and now our pastor is leaving as well for the States for a year with his family. This affects my sports club in many ways because I am losing very good coaches and leaders. Three students, who are boys are getting ready to start their practicums and will not be taking classes after the month of June. Which leaves me three months without guy coaches. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with change. I don't mind some changes but when it's surrounding you from all sides it's very difficult. Please pray as there are more changes to come and with Scott and I coming here; it's been eye opening to realize where things are at right now and what lies in the future.
PTL for several male teachers who said they would help out with the Public School Program and work with the kids in place of the students who will be leaving. Some days you wonder if God is teaching you to push through or realize he has different plans in mind for sports here.
1 comment:
You're my inspiration, Coach Tina. Stay strong and blow that whistle. Don't forget the chug move. Kids love it.
Post a Comment