

There wasn't much different about this groups coming beside I knew five people on the team and they were from my church. When they arrived I was asked to help welcome them as they got off the vans. I immediately ran up to Karen and gave her a big hug. It was so great to see her and she said Scott is going to love your hair. As I am talking to some of the group they start unloading the vans (Scott was hiding in one of the vans for about five minutes). Juan Jo who is quiet a character, was acting surprisingly happy and giving me a hard time. I turn around and there in front of me was Scott. I grab him tight and we hugged for a few minutes. I asked him why he was here? I was so shocked. As he pushed me away, to get far enough to put one knee down, he asked me to marry him. I screamed "Yes, of course!" I turned to a group of strangers and friends, Can I kiss him? the crowd screamed .... Yes!!! So we did. It was so special and I had no idea he was coming. It's very hard to keep a secret from me and this time he succeeded when it really counted. We had talked the night before and he told me he was going to one of our friends weddings but instead he flew from Wichita to Guatemala and spent two days with me. I am overwhelmed with joy and excitement for someone to care so much about me. We spent all day talking and enjoying each other. It was great. Then he helped me out with my basketball league. It was very enjoyable. I will never forget June 16th as a date when my love had to see about me even if it meant a short few days to accomplish receiving my hand in marriage.
3 comments:
SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO AND CANNOT WAIT TO HUG YOU BOTH IN PERSON!!!!!
Welcome to the family, Scott! A better brother-in-law and uncle we can't imagine!
YIPPEE!!! I am so excited for you both! I love you dearly!
That is fantastic! And what a cool way to propose! It's all about impact, and Scott nailed it. :) - Kevin
Post a Comment