Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Diet Plan - Gaut to America "it works people"


Okay so I had gained some weight in Guatemala and after being in America five days it hit me. Stomache ache, bathroom visits, and eventually the smell of bacon led me to the road of vomit. I know it's not something everyone wants to hear but maybe it's what some need to hear. A new diet plan!!! Well, I just wanted to say my visit in NY was great despite the frequent trips to the bathroom! I received much needed shoes from my mom and much needed reading material from friends. We also got all of the blankets donanted to a village in my bag to take back with me. I was very pleased to know everything I had gone there for was accomplished even losing some weight. With walking the streets of NY for the first five days and losing everything I ate the next six, it made for a great time of fun in the states to lose weight. So you visit Guatemala for less then 6 months because 6 months you will gain weight. But go for a week long trip and maybe drink the water. Go back home and with in days you will lose 5-10 lbs. I promise or your money back. Wait... I didn't charge you for this advice but if I would have, it wouldn't have been a money back deal. That's how much I believe in it! I mean, am living it!

1 comment:

Tidy Bowl said...

Totally agreed, Tina!

When I went on a 2-week mission trip to Guatemala a few years ago, I had a blast and the food was FANTASTIC! But then I had barely been in the US 24 hours before my body began to completely reject food completely! The same thing happened to my other team members. We christened it the "Guatemala syndrome". I lived on Gatorade for over a week!

And yes, I lost a few pounds in the process! ;)