Saturday, June 24, 2006

Safe Arrival to USA



I am in NY City and was able to spend a little time with my brother's family before they went to LA. My brother was ending a week long VBS at his church. It was a crazy time with lots of dancing and fun. I totally enjoyed the kids and thought it was a blast. My brother of course was Farmer Troy and the kids loved him. I was quite a favor in the audience because they all love Troy and Troy loves me. I recieved orange blankets from his youth group and then my brother had the kids hit two pinatas. Okay this is where the story get interesting. So instead of two strings and pulling the pinatas around Troy tied one of the pinatas on the end of a broom type stick. Which because the kids were so anxious to hit the pinata many of them did not stand back and few got hurt. So he decided to run with the second one and have them just tear into it. My thoughts were at the time... I am so glad God called me to Guatemala instead of my brother because of course after having been to seventeen birthday parties in Gaut I can see that putting up pinatas is an aquired skill. I think the kids would have done the same thing with Troy in Guat and this might have been just as insane. Lots of tears but also lots of laughter. My brother has such a great heart for kids. I loved watching him teach the kids about Jesus. I didn't cry because I was hit by a pinata stick but I did tear up after hearing the story of a little boy wanting to do sweet things for his mother after attending VBS and knowing Jesus wants him to be a helper. I know it meant a lot to my brother because he puts so much energy into everything he does. It's nice to hear of the fruit of his service. I love you Troy!
Also, being here I was able to spend the entire day with my nephew and he is amazing. He has such a large vocabulary and he loves some of the same things I do. He loves the number 2, apples (which I have realized I love yellow and red ones in Guat), and he loves talking on the phone. My poor sweet nephew had to visit the doctor to get his shots and it was not a happy site. He looked at me and cried mama..... I tried to hide so I wasn't left in his mind of the person who was with him at the doctors office but later that evening Jonny sat beside me with him and he burst into tears. (I told her it was probably a reminder of his shots). Oh well. we made up prettyy quickly. I love Huck so much.... bye

No comments: