Well, we played our first games of the year and it was very exciting. I was so thankful for Scott coming and helping me. He even got to wear a cool Falcon T-shirt. We had fun getting the girls ready and it was so nice to be back on the field. Some umpires recognized me and were very sweet. I even ran into an old softball friend of mine from slow pitch days. It did feel a little strange being back out there working with kids, watching parents expressions as their kids did good or bad. I was nervous for the kids as many of them had never even played in a high school game before and were very nervous. Our first game we won 16-1. It was mostly done by walks and pass balls. The second game our Varsity coach wanted to switch in some players and I was hoping I would gain some big hitters. But we ended up struggling pretty good against the pitcher they threw in the next game. It was a 3-3 ball game and then we made a ton of errors and losing 13-3. Aghahgh. All I can say is I was proud of them for playing so hard and trying till the very end. Scott was so adoreable in helping coach 1st base. Even though he thinks it's probably no big deal, it is a huge help to have someone there just to keep me sain. The bases were loaded and one of our girls walked up to Coach Scott and asked if I was going to make her bunt. Scott was pretty sure I wasn't going to ask this girl to bunt. And seeing how most of them don't have a clue how to bunt, Scott was correct. We had some fun times winning but then came defeat. I knew we were in trouble when right before the game I said there are no dumb questions and one kid asked what a pop fly was anyways. So many terms for kids to learn when they have never played softball before. Wow! Pray for me as we laugh and learn the game of softball. Varsity won both of their games 5-4 and 8-0. We were very excited for them for playing so well. It feels good to know they can win and win big.
"...you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalms 22:9-10
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Play Ball
Well, we played our first games of the year and it was very exciting. I was so thankful for Scott coming and helping me. He even got to wear a cool Falcon T-shirt. We had fun getting the girls ready and it was so nice to be back on the field. Some umpires recognized me and were very sweet. I even ran into an old softball friend of mine from slow pitch days. It did feel a little strange being back out there working with kids, watching parents expressions as their kids did good or bad. I was nervous for the kids as many of them had never even played in a high school game before and were very nervous. Our first game we won 16-1. It was mostly done by walks and pass balls. The second game our Varsity coach wanted to switch in some players and I was hoping I would gain some big hitters. But we ended up struggling pretty good against the pitcher they threw in the next game. It was a 3-3 ball game and then we made a ton of errors and losing 13-3. Aghahgh. All I can say is I was proud of them for playing so hard and trying till the very end. Scott was so adoreable in helping coach 1st base. Even though he thinks it's probably no big deal, it is a huge help to have someone there just to keep me sain. The bases were loaded and one of our girls walked up to Coach Scott and asked if I was going to make her bunt. Scott was pretty sure I wasn't going to ask this girl to bunt. And seeing how most of them don't have a clue how to bunt, Scott was correct. We had some fun times winning but then came defeat. I knew we were in trouble when right before the game I said there are no dumb questions and one kid asked what a pop fly was anyways. So many terms for kids to learn when they have never played softball before. Wow! Pray for me as we laugh and learn the game of softball. Varsity won both of their games 5-4 and 8-0. We were very excited for them for playing so well. It feels good to know they can win and win big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment