Wednesday, February 27, 2008

1st Question


My first day of practice was very different. The upper classman were very excited and talking non-stop. I was a little rattled because of the fact, are we practicing in or are we out. But the best was they started throwing and cuss words were flying. Then one girl looked up at me and asked "Is it okay if we cuss?" WOW! So I kindly mentioned I would prefer they refrain from cussing. The second practice was much more in tuned with what we are trying to get across to them and that is.... they are a team and to help each other. We worked on hitting drills and it was very tiring but encouraging to watch them get past their fears and face new challenges. I was encouraged but very tired. Can I just say, welcome to America again. I was a little bit in culture shock after being in a christian enviroment for two years. Nothing like jumping back into reality of our youth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Coach!!!

Kids these days, I tell you ... Those girls are so lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!