Monday, February 11, 2008

Missions Weekend




This past weekend our Church held it's annual missions weekend. Inviting our missionaries to come share what God is doing in their part of the world. I was priviledged to speak on Inn Ministiries behalf at thier booth because they were not able to send someone this way. I also spoke to a Sunday school class. The Sunday school class is in a series of defending your faith and recently have been studing Catholism. Since I was raise catholic our missions pastor thought it would be a great class for me to step in since another missionary wasn't able to be there. It was amazing how God spoke through me to explain the importance of 1 Peter 3:15 "Set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." It wasn't clear to me what I should share until after speaking with the Sunday School teacher before class. It was amazing how I learned as I was speaking how much God had changed my heart to become more gentle. After sharing my testimony with the class and all God has done in me; they asked "What are you doing now?" I simple replied. "I am being still and knowing He is God and taking care of my husband." God places us on adventures throughout our life and I am not through sharing my faith and living life to the fullest. Being married is quiet the adventure and I am learning a whole new world. I am still giving an answer to all who ask of me but I realized today the bottom line is to do it with gentleness and respect. Loving others where they are at and respecting the values they hold.

No comments: