Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sick City


Did you know Wichita Kansas is the highest percentage of people who are sick in the nation for the past three months. Oh it's true. I can tell you, I for one have caught two colds. One in Janurary and the other this month. Going on my third solid week of sickness, I can so relate to anyone who is feeling under the weather. It just so happens, I have a husband who never gets sick. Which, is wonderful for us and for me. He is a little timid and now understands what it's meant in sickness and in health. He sometimes has asked to sleep in the spare room when I am hacking and sneezing all over the bed. I don't blame him one bit. I am sure he has never seen anything like it. Poor guy one day he is married to his pretty bride and then next month and a half he has a sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, headache wife, who can't seem to stay warm. I had a 100.7 tempature and it finally broke. I was cold all the time. I can't tell you how many times I told him I was freezing. I finally am covered under his insurance and it was quiet the adventure. Now, we are at least under my same doctor I have had since I was little. Married life can teach you a lot about how two become one, even through the rough times. Thanks Scott for taking care of me these past three weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're getting better, Tiner! Nothing like a bad cold to bring home the old "in sickness and in health" line ...!

XOXO!