Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Since he has been gone............to Italy and Greece.


So things with this month have been a little crazy. Our sports program had to take a back seat to exams this month. We have exams for the high school who teach the sports this past week and this week our junior high kids are taking exam. Next week our junior high kids who are in the sports club are taking their annual class trip for three days. We decided it was best to just start sports in June with basketball and baseball for boys and basketball/soccer for girls. It should be a better match up. Please pray for all our kids as they work hard with their exams. We are still going to the public schools and working with those kids. The Canada team has come and they are so generous. They got us a stop watch for our basketball league which was very needed and a few extra soccer balls. It was very nice of them to be thinking about us in the athletic department.
Scott my boyfriend has been in Italy and Greece taking his much needed vacation. He as been gone for about 12 days and we haven't gotten to communicate much. But since he has been gone, I have kept pretty busy with things. We have leagues on Tuesday and Thursday Nights. Plus little basketball league on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. It's been fun so far and I actually am playing in the woman's league. I am like the tallest one out there so I am a much needed player. I keep forgetting I need to get under the basket and not play a guard. It's very different. But I was pretty excited about playing. I don't know if my legs were though, it's tough getting old.
I think the kids are getting a lot out of learning basketball. It's been fun to watch them and just see the excitement in anticipation for the up coming weekend. Everyday, I get asked when one of them is suppose to play. It's very adorable and has brought me a lot closer to some of the kids, I never had class with before. My coaches are doing a great job. Even though one team got beat 50-0. I was trying to help Becca realize she didn't have any of her regular kids there and most were subs, she still cried. It's tough getting beat really bad. She is so tender hearted. Please pray for our coaches as they are getting a good experience. It's not easy being a coach and watching your kids struggle. We have all been there as coaches or parents. But it builds character and an understanding it's not about points but about how much love you can show your team during the tough times.

No comments: