Friday, May 18, 2007

Lots of Changes




Recently my brother and I have talked about all the changes happening this year. For example; his movie coming out in theaters, our parents moving and things changing in their lives,, Huck being able to express his feelings and Scott and I growing closer even though we are miles apart. It's an exciting year and even though the future is unsure we know God has a plan. I am leaning on Him everyday to hold on to the Truth of His Word. A song keeps playing in my head of His Truth and His promises.

Not only have there been changes back home but lots of things happening here. This past week we lost our PE instructor due to his lack of money. Our school is unable to pay our teachers even minimum wage. So many of our teachers are working either several jobs or living at home with their parents. He didn't give a two weeks notice so it was a little crazy. He did a lot at the school and we were frantic to try and figure out a plan. I was asked by Prof. Carlos (my direct boss and director of the school) if I would step in and take on his seven classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I told him it would be the best transition for the kids since they all know me. So Thursday I took on the task of a full say of PE, sports club, and Basketball Leagues at night. God helped me out the first day and it rained so I didn't have to do sports club and got a little break.
Today, our PE Teacher returned and said he found another job and if they will be willing to allow him not to work on Tuesday and Thursdays he could do both jobs. He seemed very excited and said he was stupid for leaving but he really needed the money. He talked about his legs hurting and his mother being very ill. Here families will do what it takes to take care of their family members. We are praying for him to return and we shall find out Monday. If not please pray for me as I am challenged in another area of doing something I have never done before in teaching all ages of kids PE.
Thank you for your continued prayers for me as I am blessed with opportunities to help people grow. Not only kids but adults through the basketball league. My director came back and is still helping thanks to my other director encouraging him to stay. My other boss Paul, learned it's not easy to officiate and has a new respect for officials after he took a hand in helping me out the other night. God is moving in so many ways. Our women's league has really blossomed into a great experience for getting to know other women in the community. I am really enjoying it. I never knew so many of our kids mom's until now. They are wonderful people and it's my dream we can get them connected to our church or at least build relationships with other churches. God is so good!!! I have such great helpers in my sports club kids. Many of them just come and help even without me asking. It's been encouraging to know God is making a difference here, game by game.