

Being in charge of a basketball league has been very interesting. I am working with three Guatemalans who are very social and extremely awesome people. One thing that is very difficult is understanding when to be firm on things and when to not be. Our deadline for the basketball League was April 28th. It's May 4th and we are still having teams join the league. Our women's league had four teams show up but two other teams want to be in it as well. Our men's league is the same story. I am trying to get this organized as best I can but it seems the harder I try to organize the more it becomes a crazy mess. I must trust God in every aspect because I know he wants people here to be shown the way. We have been teaching officials, working with our teenagers on how to be coaches. Now we have eight teams of little kids for the first time ever for our basketball league and there will be some bumps in the road. Hopefully it will also be a blast to watch the little 5-10 year olds play ball. Please pray as life can sometimes be too full. I want the time to go fast but some days I can't tell you were the time went or my keys.
One blessing was last night, I was in the middle of playing basketball, the later I was going to help officiate, and then help with the men's games till about 10 or 11 at night. In the middle of our game the lights went out and we had nothing. I went from thinking I wouldn't get to speak to my boyfriend before he leaves to getting to talk to him and one of my best friends for over an hour. God is so good. Please continue to pray we bring people into our community of love here at the Inn.
No comments:
Post a Comment