Ok, for you who are not basketball fans it's very bad to get a technical. It means you said something to an official and its not worth repeating. Or you definitely did not agree with the officials call on the court. So far this week and a half people who are leaders on my basketball crew have gotten technicals, including myself. I was called for making a signal for walking because I thought Miguel missed a pretty big call. Carlos fouled out which is not really bad but not good either. Juan Jose, was kicked out of the league for mouthing off to the official after a call and wouldn't stop. But the kicker (not pun intended) was tonight. Let me tell you the story from the get go.
So I get to the court at 5:45 because I know there is a game at 6:00. 6:30 rolls around and I have two guys from one team there. By 6:45 another guy comes from another team and asks if he can go get his team they will be a little late but they want to play the 6:00 game at 7:00. I call Jose Miguel because he is the director of the men's league. He tells me, he can't come tonight because he has the group from Canada eating at his house right then. I was like why didn't you tell me. Then he asks to have Pedro come to pick him up on my moto. I let Pedro take my bike and and he doesn't return until 7:10. Which his game is at 7:00 and the forfeit is 7:15. Miguel had him translate for him for the group but didn't come back with Pedro. 7:15 and the two teams that were wanting to know what is going on with the 6:00 game because they were both late. Long story short.... the other two teams show up on time so we play. The second game gets started pretty much on time. Not too many problems as one team dominated the other team. But the third game Miguel who was suppose to be helping me with the men's tournament showed up late and was playing on the team of the third game. The game was tight the whole night. Everyone was fouling pretty badly and I was trying to make as many calls as I could but it was crazy. Finally towards the end of the game, I made a late call but it was on Miguel. He looked at me like I was crazy and mouthed a bunch of words, I didn't know what he was saying. I gave him a technical and he proceeded to kick the ball out of the court. (Which by the way has a 30 ft. fence around it). I gave him another technical and he walked off the court. Everyone was in shock because he is the director and he got that upset. He pretty much made a fool out of himself and our league. Not sure what is going to happen after this. I kept my cool and finished the game with giving the other team a technical as well, to my boss Paul for getting out of line. It was a crazy night. I tried my best but wasn't even planning on officiating all by myself. So long story short, it was a very tough night. Now I have a lot of people wondering what is going on. I think I am one of those people too. Very rough night! Pray for our league as it flared a lot of tempers this past week.
1 comment:
I tag YOU!
YOU'RE IT!
Post a Comment