Saturday, April 07, 2007

Semana Santa (Saints Week) or Easter Week or Spring Break





My boyfriend Scott came for the week and we have had a great time. Always on the go and wanting to spend as much time together as possible makes for no time to blog. But I thought for you anxious blog readers who like to know what is going on in my life, I might give you a little bit of what has been going on.
We planned a trip from Monday to Thursday heading north in Guatemala to see the Lagoon Lachua. After a small camping night we headed up to Flores and Santa Elena. After staying in Santa Elena we headed up to El Remate and Tikal. Needless to say the adventure was nothing like any of us had ever taken. It was quite the thrilling adventure. There are so many stories but I will just give you a small one today because this is my last day with Scott.
While after traveling seven hours on a bus that stopped every five minutes we finally were let off in Coban in the middle of a street off the main road. We were all drugged on Dramamine and grabbed a taxi to San Cristobal. We threw are things in the small truck and off we went. When we arrived the taxi man of course wanted more money and I walked away from him telling him no. Scott not able to speak Spanish well enough to tell him anything just grabbed his one of two bags and followed me into the gate. Not even two minutes later Scott screamed out of sher horror that he had left his carry bag in the taxi. I jumped on my moto and of course with it being four days since I drove it I couldn't get it started. I finally got it started and raced down the hill to try to see if the taxi driver might have gone into town to pick up more people. When I got to the bottom of the hill I realized my bike was acting funny and started to swerve crazily. I looked back at my rear tire and sure enough it was flat. Right then, a taxi drove by from down town and I followed it to the gas station. Upon arriving, there were some friends of mine in another taxi getting gas. I told them the situation and they went to town to help look for the anonymous taxi driver because I couldn't remember the color of the taxi or his number. As I get my tire aired up I was planning on heading into town as well. The gas station guys were very sweet and asked if they could help. I gave them the information and they said they would ask if any stopped by there. After talking with them for two minutes, the air in my tire became flat again, as I drove off I realized my tire was really messed up. I stopped and called Brad who was with Scott to tell them the situation about my bike and the taxi. Suddenly, a family from the Church shows up and they want to help. So I put my bike in a man's gate in front of his house and head off with the family to town. I get to the town square and my friends said there weren't any taxi's hardly and they asked the ones who were there and they weren't the one. (Now, you are probably asking yourself, why is Tina running around crazily for this little carry bag. Well, Scott remember it was Brad's bag and it had Scott's camera and his passport. Now if we don't find the bag we have to go to the city the next day "four hour drive and back" to try and figure out how to get him back to the States.) Fun times! Okay where was I...... oh yeah, so I head back to my moto which is unable to be driven and say a little prayer, Brad calls and says Scott is on his way down to help with the getting my bike back up the hill. As I get my bike out of the gate, down the same hill Scott is walking comes a taxi. I look and sure enough it was our taxi guy. I scream and get his attention and he stops. I ask him to open his truck because we left a bag in there and he does. In amazement,I stand there looking at the bag. Instantly, one minute later, Scott comes around the corner and I am holding up his bag. Both of us in sheer joy of knowing God was giving us a miracle. We embraced and walked back with a huge load off of our shoulders. He smiles at me and thanked me over and over again. I was just excited it worked out the way it did. I felt like Kimpossible running around all over on my moto and ended up helping God save the day. It was way cool. We have had an awesome time. So please pray for Scott's safe return. There are so many stories, I will get back to you on those I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear you two have been having a great time! And a blood pressure rising one at that. Just reading that story raised mine. Travel mercies, Scott!!!!