Saturday, April 14, 2007

Community Outreach to Escepolas (a public school)








The plan was to take one Saturday a month and go visit with one of the three schools we work with during the week and just play soccer or volleyball. This week we headed to the school my group works with (Escepolas)and it was a huge success. The kids loved it so much and we had a wonderful time. I was so proud of my club kids because they knew we had a plan. They worked so well with the kids and it was awesome to share what I knew they could do. We loved on those kids and two of our high school students gave their testimonies. God is so good to provide our t-shirts for our coaches the day before we worked with the kids. The t-shirts came out great and looked awesome! We are selling them and our first day appearance with them, I already sold seven shirts to a guy who has a volleyball team of his own and loved the way they looked while my kids were coaching. After we got done at the school, I took them for ice cream and they were so thankful. It really encouraged me to know they do appreciate things more. I almost cried two or three times watching my kids work with the public school kids. It was so awesome! My heart is amazed at all God has done with me and despite me. I am reminded, God works all things for the good for those who love him. I am so in love with Him, I could burst.

No comments: