
Wow! I can hardly believe I am back working at the school I left 2 months ago. My time in the USA was amazing. I spoke with around 35 people individually and gave presentations to around six different groups. I raised the needed amount to have consistent support for another year. Several friends gave needed sports equipment and uniforms. I feel very blessed to be able to enjoy my family and friends. My father and I worked hard on getting a deck rebuilt for my step-mother and we completed it before her next appointment. She was able to take her Hov-Around down the block and has hopes to make it to the nearest Quick Trip soon. Mom and I enjoyed our time together after we successfully figured out she had a serious hearing loss and we got her fixed up before the holidays so she could enjoy hearing everyone clearly. Even though I clearly had a successful and enjoyable trip in the States it seems as if I had never left Guatemala because everything is still the same. Everyone greeted me with smiles and hugs. I am excited about being back even though I will miss my family and friends. Even though everyone here is the same there have been some changes right off.
First change is the number of woman living in the teachers house. There are only four of us, we each have our own room with a spare room in the back. I can hardly believe the difference it makes with less noise, plus moving rooms really helps me sleep better at night. I am away from the bathrooms and haven't had any interruptions at night. I will have to cook every month but at lest its only for four people instead of seven.
Second, I will be taking my Spanish classes at CECEP in the mornings from 8-11:00 and then teach my kinder and pre-kinder classes in the late morning early afternoon. They built the classrooms bigger so we can actually have air flow in the rooms. My physical education classes will be on Tue. and Thur. and I think this will work out best. I am very excited about learning more Spanish.
Third, our Founder, Mike, has grown ill recently and needs your prayers. He has had some pain in his head and in his chest. Please pray for healing. The doctors aren't sure what could be causing it.
Finally, I am happy to say things are looking more organized and everyone is working hard to plan for this next year to be a success. I am looking forward to seeing my sports kids and little munch kins. Lots of excitement here. Keep praying for adjusting to no water at times and lack of facilities to get needed supplies.
1 comment:
I'm glad you made it back safely! Sounds like things are off to a great start for you!
Post a Comment