So I went to the market with a few friends and we had an interesting conversation about the Catholic Religion. We talked about the importance of certain people in their religion. Jesus, Mary and the Saints. One of my friends piped up and said "yeah and like Christopher Columbus." I was like," ah what?? " You know San Cristobal is named after Christopher Columbus. I said "Ah I didn't know that?" His wife just shook her head and we laughed really hard. She said sweetie thats the wrong Christopher. Needless to say sometimes we don't always know what other religions believe and we need to take time to read and learn about them or we might add people into a history book who really weren't there. Fun Times! This is a picture of San Cristobals lake, which according to my friend might have been named after Christopher Columbus.
"...you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalms 22:9-10
Sunday, January 14, 2007
New Take on Christopher Columbus
So I went to the market with a few friends and we had an interesting conversation about the Catholic Religion. We talked about the importance of certain people in their religion. Jesus, Mary and the Saints. One of my friends piped up and said "yeah and like Christopher Columbus." I was like," ah what?? " You know San Cristobal is named after Christopher Columbus. I said "Ah I didn't know that?" His wife just shook her head and we laughed really hard. She said sweetie thats the wrong Christopher. Needless to say sometimes we don't always know what other religions believe and we need to take time to read and learn about them or we might add people into a history book who really weren't there. Fun Times! This is a picture of San Cristobals lake, which according to my friend might have been named after Christopher Columbus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment