



This is Marianna and she is such a sweetheart. We had them fill out sheets on what they liked about sports club and what they didn't like. Marianna gave a great responds to this question and I wanted to share it with you. "I like sports club because it teaches you how to do sports better and also biblical applications along with it." I am very excited to hear there have been positive results because of sports here at the school. Joshua wrote, "I like sports club because the kids don't get mad when they mess up and it's a lot more fun that way." They are not used to having to be places on time and to start things as scheduled. It's been great to see them coming to practice early and gaining responisibility. Sports club has been good with teaching them to balance school work and sports. A few had to quit because of grades while others perservered through. Sports Club has taught me it's important they learn how to have fun with something and still gain an understanding of responsibility. I was very proud of these girls and boys. They are all sad these sports have ended but they are pumped about basketball getting ready to start up. We had fifteen girls at our first basketball practice and it was exciting to see them play through the rain and make a good transition in sports.
1 comment:
Tina,
Today I sent my application to Mercy Ships (www.mercyships.org). I'm hoping and praying that I will be able to work on their soon-to-be-commissioned Africa Mercy ship. I'd appreciate all your prayers towards this. I'm a bit nervous - though I feel fairly confident that I will be accepted, I will have to raise support, and that can be overwhelming.
May you be blessed in all these wonderful things you are doing. I continue to enjoy your frequent updates!
~Tidy
Post a Comment