Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ugly Sweater Party/Embarrassing moments.





Scott and I were invited to a ugly sweater party hosted by my sweet friends Amy and Steph. We of course didn't have sweaters for this party so we headed to the DAV. As we walked in looking for our sweaters we saw another couple seemingly doing the same thing as us. We didn't know them but we began racing through sweaters to get ugliest sweaters before the other couple had time to reach the sweater section. Even though we didn't win the prize for ugliest sweaters, we did rank pretty high.

Steph and I went into Burlington coat factory the other day. We both needed to go to the bathroom right away so we head for the back of the store. When we reached the bathroom door, I immediately rushed the door and got rejected. Steph (the smart one) read the sign on the door. 1. Ring door bell 2. wait five seconds 3. push open the door. Because I had bumped into it not once but twice; Steph gave it a good kick and we entered laughing our heads off. Later in line, I asked the cashier why they have a doorbell for the bathroom. She pointed to a large black man who was dressed as a security guard, looking at a camera of the bathroom hallway. Yeah, you guessed it, he caught us. As I turned back around he smiled really big and said he sees a lot of interesting things.

Next, I went to the YMCA today.. like I do every morning. I worked out with my friend and headed out to the parking lot. As I looked for Scott's parents van I am driving, I got my keys ready in my hand. I opened the door but for some reason it was a little bit of a stuggle. So I used the other key. I was able to get in but as I got in the van, an alarm went off. I was curious whose alarm might be going off. Then I realized there was a red light blinking and it was my van. I thought to myself... I don't know how to turn this off. I need to call Scott and ask him how to turn off his families van alarm. I look down and my purse is nowhere. I am shocked and think... maybe it got stolen. Then I realize in seconds that I am in the wrong van. I quickly get out, the alarm shuts off (thankfully) and I walk towards the only other van in the parkinglot (my van). I look over and there is a guy on the sidewalk who saw the entire thing. I smiled and drove off. Good times!!

Happy Holidays...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had been wearing the awful Christmas sweater during the embarrassing situations ...

as huck would say ... "hilarious!!!"

Anonymous said...

I wish you had been wearing the awful Christmas sweater during the embarrassing situations ...

as huck would say ... "hilarious!!!"

Anonymous said...

Ok, you were so having a Guatemalan moment!
At least you didn't leave your "weekend at the Hamptons" sun hat on the Monja Blanca.