Saturday, September 08, 2007

Not much rain but we are building boats



The past two days the kids haven't had school because of the "possible flooding". Well we received a bit of rain but not enough to start flooding. So we took these two days to build our three boats we are using in the parade next Saturday. They are suppose to be Christopher Columbus's boats he sailed to the Americas. I had one teacher let me know she was American too, and it wasn't just us white folks. I guess they take a lot of pride in him and the fact he was a Latino. Anyway, we are constructing them with glue and newspaper and the plan is to carry kids inside them while being carried by six men. Many of us think it will be too heavy to carry that many kids and it should be interesting to see what they do instead. We had a lot of fun and played soccer in the afternoon. It was nice to get out of the same routine and having glue on my hands reminded me when I was a kid. I used to dry a glue spot on my arm or hand, I would then take a red pen/black pen and make it look like I was hurt. I loved taking the glue off and seeing my hand print. So of course, I had to do it again. Time is finally going by a little more rapidly and I will be home with my sweetheart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is soooo cool!!! And I like that look on your face! lol!!!

Can't wait to see you again!!!

E-San

Anonymous said...

LOVE those boats! You are a modern day Noah, you are.