Well, only a days notice I was invited to a conference in Coban (which is about 40 minutes away). It was very exciting to be apart of this conference because there is an organization called DIGEF which basically stands for General Direction for Physical Education and they were excited to hear what we had going in San Cristobal with our Sports Program. They were very intent on hearing what we have been doing and wanted to help us with getting us supplies. It was a very exciting trip for that reason alone. We learned at the conference there are many things that are not proper for a Mayan to do as a young girl. One in which is play soccer. It's a mans sport and woman are taught it's not lady like to be playing it, therefore there might be some resistance. So far our girls in Sports club have gotten right in there. There was only two young ladies who thought it was uncool to play basketball. I asked her if I bought them shoes would they play and they both looked up at me in shock. God has been so good. Even while I am sick everything was taking care of at school and I was well enough to go to this conference. Please pray this organization will help us with getting us more supplies to all the schools. I know as I walk in these days where things are so uncertain. There is one thing that I know is True and that is His Faithfulness in completing what He has started.
"...you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalms 22:9-10
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Physical Education Conference
Well, only a days notice I was invited to a conference in Coban (which is about 40 minutes away). It was very exciting to be apart of this conference because there is an organization called DIGEF which basically stands for General Direction for Physical Education and they were excited to hear what we had going in San Cristobal with our Sports Program. They were very intent on hearing what we have been doing and wanted to help us with getting us supplies. It was a very exciting trip for that reason alone. We learned at the conference there are many things that are not proper for a Mayan to do as a young girl. One in which is play soccer. It's a mans sport and woman are taught it's not lady like to be playing it, therefore there might be some resistance. So far our girls in Sports club have gotten right in there. There was only two young ladies who thought it was uncool to play basketball. I asked her if I bought them shoes would they play and they both looked up at me in shock. God has been so good. Even while I am sick everything was taking care of at school and I was well enough to go to this conference. Please pray this organization will help us with getting us more supplies to all the schools. I know as I walk in these days where things are so uncertain. There is one thing that I know is True and that is His Faithfulness in completing what He has started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment