Saturday, March 10, 2007

I am wacked in the back!


Hi! I have iced, massaged, slept, gotten a shot in the behind and have taken muscle relaxers. All because my back is hurting with every move. Before intermissions my back was hurting from my little incident with the dog and my moto. I thought a good back massage would be the cure all. After praying throughout the massage the nice lady told me it wasn't loosening up at all. I took it easy and wasn't playing around. Then during volleyball practice a volleyball went into the ditch. I followed it in there and tried to rescue it from a wet cement flow of lava from the men who are working on our well. My feet seemed secure on the banks and then without notice, I begin to slip uncontrollably down the edge into the cement. Just as my backside is getting ready to hit the cement and the girls are all going to scream in hysterics, I twist my back to prevent the embarrassing moment. As my body twist, only one foot hit the evil fate of the wet cement below but the glory came with my backside being clear of embarrassment. Just when all embarrassment seemed clear, pain shot up my spine with electric force. I was trapped in a ditch and couldn't move. I needed three girls to help me out of the ditch of humility. They came to my rescue and needless to say were very concerned and extremely sweet. It wasn't until later that night when I was coaching them, I tried to show something on the side line and in telling them I did a twisting motion and about fell down in pain. They laughed and asked to see it again. Needless to say, I might have had more fun with falling in the wet cement ditch then having to take 36 hours to heal from a silly back injury.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear about your back, I'll be praying for you.

Love,
E

Anonymous said...

Oh, Aunt T!!!! Get well soon because I really love to ride people's backs.

Love,
Huck