So today we took around 80 kids to a families Ranch home for games and to spend time with their teachers. It was really fun to watch them play and enjoy each other. Several people from my singles group back in the States gave me money for new soccer balls and they were put to use today. I also bought a large basketball which we used for kick ball. They call it Kitball (which I think it hilarious). The place we played at was just wonderful. It reminded me a lot of China with crops growing on the mountains. By the end of the day we had destroyed the big basketball with a cactus and we ran out of water. I was in charge of taking photos and just loving on the kids. I think they had a great time. Only a few got injured and most just had plain old fun. I am very tired and need to take a nap! Today reminded me of my lack on energy lately, I will not claim I am getting old!
"...you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalms 22:9-10
Friday, February 09, 2007
What would we do without games and balls
So today we took around 80 kids to a families Ranch home for games and to spend time with their teachers. It was really fun to watch them play and enjoy each other. Several people from my singles group back in the States gave me money for new soccer balls and they were put to use today. I also bought a large basketball which we used for kick ball. They call it Kitball (which I think it hilarious). The place we played at was just wonderful. It reminded me a lot of China with crops growing on the mountains. By the end of the day we had destroyed the big basketball with a cactus and we ran out of water. I was in charge of taking photos and just loving on the kids. I think they had a great time. Only a few got injured and most just had plain old fun. I am very tired and need to take a nap! Today reminded me of my lack on energy lately, I will not claim I am getting old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment