Sunday, February 04, 2007

Survival with the Lewis Kids




Recently, the Lewis's headed to the States for another trip to raise more money. They needed someone to watch the kids for about a week and a half. Note they have five kids (Kimmy, Becca, Jed, Chris and Ahava) and a dog (Poochies). We have had a great time so far. Only ten times have we lost the Chihuahua "Poochies" and of course found him outside because someone left the door open. I have been woken up by crying, only to find little Ahava (the littlest Lewis) had slipped on the steps going up the stairs in house slippers.
No fights so far only fun stories, here is one they can add to their collection. We went to Coban (which is a town about twenty minutes away) to get food and play. Before we left we needed to stop by the market again to pick up onions. As we waited for Kimmy to return with the onions, we notice men with automatic guns and tons of ammunition. While we were talking about how they were probably drug runners or something, Kimmy got back into the truck. Of course, I never notice this and Brad started to drive off. Brad is a character and always does things to annoy people. I thought he was up to his same tricks and was getting angry with him. I told him he needed to head back to get Kimmy. He thought it was funny I hadn't notice and wanted to push the envelope. We turned towards out of town and I asked him to turn around right away. Then I feel this gentle hand touch my shoulder and there was Kimmy in the backseat smiling. It's been an adventure so far and it's been two days.
Please pray for the Lewis's to raise enough money for the rest of the year. Pray for protection for their kids as I am watching them for the next week and a half. What great kids they have raised and such helpers. It's been fun and encouraging for the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! I bet you're a great baby sitter! Miss you tons!