Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Accidents are Bound to Happen -Can you say Frogger?




Okay, a week ago I stopped at the front gate where my pocumchi friend was waiting on a bus. I asked her if she needed a ride. She said not that day but maybe another day. I said great let me know and she invited me to her house on Saturday. Saturday came and went and the next thing you know I am saying to her "Hey why didn't you have me over?" She laughed "Why didn't you come?" I didn't know where you lived" I replied. She said "well maybe someday." I then said "How about today?" She agreed and we were on our way. (sorry, songs pop in my head) I had no idea how far she lived. She told me it took her an hour and a half on foot to get to her house. I really had no idea it would be that far because it takes 20 minutes on foot to get to town for me and five minutes on my moto. Long story to the climax, it takes us a hour on moto to get to her house because she wanted me to go really slow. I get to her house and couldn't stay long because of the sun getting ready to set. Because the roads were so badly made it was a rough ride home. But as I am leaving her town there is a motorcycle with two guys on it and a dog biting at their feet as they drive by him. I decide to go around them so the dog will not notice me. Needless to say, the dog spotted me as I was zooming past the other moto and I shifted my body to the right side of my moto. The dog came at me full force and I proceeded for the ditch. As I knew I was going to crash I jumped from my moto and landed in the dirt. The dog sheepishly walked away like he did nothing wrong. The two guys looked back in disbelief that I wrecked because of a dumb dog. I jumped back on my moto and prayed it would start and it did. With a cracked front end and my front light lose and dangling, dirt on the right side of my body, I am sure I was a sight to see. I made it home in 30 minutes and I was thankful I wasn't seriously hurt. As I sat on my couch when I got home, one of my roommates looked at me very stunned. I was like "What?, why are your eyes big and looking at me crazy" She said in Spanish "Tu pelo es loca?" I guess my hair was a little messed up from the ride back, I didn't care. After playing extreme frogger and surviving the ultimate stage, all I wanted to do was drink my last Dr. Pepper. (Chinese voice) Not takon, when Guatemalan say hour and a half walk means, one hour bike ride with passenger and do it with a stick in hand for dogs.

No comments: