
36 weeks today and it seems like time flew by right before our eyes. Even though there are days that drag on and on. Mostly, I just want it not to feel like ground hog day. Things I look forward to; is going up and down stair without holding on to the railings, walking to the mail box is not my daily exercise, drinking water and peeing every hour won't be a constant, putting baby powder away and not having to keep my self from sweating to death, wearing my shoes again, being able to open bottles and containers again without help, looking down at my feet and seeing those beauties not swollen and being able to touch them, sleeping with my hubby again, having energy to do things and not getting out of breath.
The other things I am so looking forward to is feeding my babies, cleaning them, kissing, hugging, holding, rocking, laughing, crying, worrying and smiling. What a wonderful feeling of knowing they are finally here.
I have felt bad about posting so much about the pregnancy with so many of our friends still waiting for this moment. But I realize I can't disregard the joy of letting my kiddos know how much we are so excited about them coming. I am 37 years old and have waiting children for ten years. I my first marriage after a year he said he never wanted children. I couldn't believe it. I had waiting to get married until I was 28 the first time. I thought I was old at 28 to be having children. Now at 37 I know I am old.... :) But I also know how God hears our prayers. I got remarried to a man who loves children and wants to have them with me. Who is going to be an amazing father. We were not only blessed with one but two. We were not only blessed with a boy but a girl as well.
When I was talking with a friend the other day feeling sorry for my pregnant self she said "Well you do have an amazing story." What? Had I forgotten all God had done. Was I more concerned with my feet and weight and all the terrible misery that comes with pregnancy that I forgot what an amazing God I have? Did I become a Thomas and doubt what the Lord said he would do. He keeps his promises and he knows our hearts. He knows some of us need more time or proof of his miracles. I guess I am one of those people who needs reminded it's okay to be joyful and hopeful for others. I want my kids to have this record of my love for them. I want them to know I have been waiting and learning. Hoping and trusting!!! Now, they are finally on their last days in the womb. Coming to live with Scott and I. What an amazing victory and song! I am so excited for them to get here...
We are so blessed even after two years of marriage hoping and waiting. You both are soon to be here. I feel your touch, I know your movements! I will never be as close to you both as I am now. But I will know you better once you are out! The love story began when I married Scott and it's just growing with time. I love you sweet girl and boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment