Sunday, October 12, 2008

Barn Dance a Success!




Scott and I were more then happy to provide our singles group at the church with a Barn for their fall Barn Dance. What we didn't realize is that our friends who usually DJ it (the Kirkwoods) would be out of town. But Scott was very diligent in figuring out how to get the song list and work the computer for the Barn Dance. I was excited to help him and be allowed to talk on the microphone. We were a little nervous because we had not done it before and there was only a slight issue that did come up with our song list being to long. We were able to problem solve and figured out a solution before everyone noticed our amateur DJing... Everyone seemed to have a blast. I most enjoyed watching everyone get out there and shake it! At one point in the evening I saw a young man do full ballet turns to "Total Eclipse of the Heart". Of course, the line dancing, YMCA and many other fun songs were requested. Overall, it was a great time and Scott did a great job! We even got out there and did a few dances ourselves with the waltz, swing, and several two step songs.

1 comment:

jen_lancaster said...

Howdy, Tina! I think I remember going to a barn dance or 2 out there during my 20something years. Good memories (and bad dancing) for me!