Monday, December 04, 2006

Living in Absolutes is not Living


I have been reflecting a lot on missions and life. Being shocked by God in his sending and keeping. I am reminded we serve a God who has a perfect will. I don't think like him 99% of the time. I am like a young child who thinks; well with this behaviour I will recieve this reward. Time and time again I am wrong. I seek His perfect Will and I know I am living in it. Why oh why do I need to know all the absolutes. I have been shocked to no end of what I thought was a standard way of living as a missionary just wasn't the case. God sends who he wants to send and who will listen to that call. No matter what the circumstances. People will sell everything they own and still not get it if their eyes are shut. God can send for a specific time and others for a lifetime. One day at a time, I am reminded to live and be open to what God has for those he loves. He knows the desires of our heart. He knows what we need before we even ask for it. One thought of; oh it would be nice and if God chooses; he can grant it. God is faithful to his promises. I am reminded of verses in the bible tells of his character. I am reminded of His absolute Truth. I am convinence even when I have plans, God's way is the only way I want to Go! I am a blessed blessed servant. I can't count the blessings he has given me in my lifetime. I can't describe his mercy but I can tell you He is faithful to me. I have fallen in Love with my Savior. Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen.