Friday, October 06, 2006

Our volleyball team won but even more; WE all won!


I conducted two volleyball leagues this year and both were a great success. We played the first league in May-July and the second August-Oct. This really brought families together and worked on dealing with each other on the court. Our first league was mainly friends and families were seperated for the most part on different teams. The second league we had more family teams and it was very interesting to watch them fight, yell, laugh, scream, learn, teach, embrace and give thanks for better understanding. I loved watching the families interact on the court and see the fight and honor for not only their team but their families. I even taught several of our Sports Club kids how to officate volleyball. It was awesome to see them take charge of situations and they did an awesome job in taking some of the load off of me and our school director. We had great cheering sections for the championship games. Serveral moms brought food in the stands to pass out and for everyone to enjoy. It was a great time of fellowship and just becoming more of a family body. I am sad it's over until next year but it was definately a great adventure to help everyone see the importance of encouragement, belief in self and others, taking time to communicate and understand. Also, it helped remind us it's just a game and what matters is making sure God and family come first. You might be saying to yourself.... right? You get all of that out of a volleyball league and I reply, "Everything and Anything is possible with God." He can take every situation and teach us something new about ourselves and others. Amen!

No comments: