Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Joy of Answered Prayer


When I got here we had three basketballs, two volleyballs (as hard as a rock) and no soccer balls. I have been praying God would bless this ministry even if I had no means of getting equipment. I was blessed financially so we bought a few things. We bought ten soccer balls, ten baseballs and two softballs, some needles to air of the equipment, and five more basketballs.
Then a team came from Canada and they brought 19 baseballs, 6 awesome volleyballs, 2 mini basketballs, 7 basketballs, 6 American Footballs, 20 soccer balls, 8 jump ropes, 32 tennis balls, 4 frisbees, three pumps, and three football t's to kick off. I cried like a baby when I saw all the equipment they had brought. I cried with pure joy and excitement knowing our kids will have balls to play with and not be without because God cares.
Our total needs have not been totally met but I found out sending equipement (via mail) may mean we will never get it. My friends sent a 20lb box and two months ago and I have just know have been sent a telegram, which states, it's sitting in Gautemala City to be picked up. I don't know when we will be back to Gautemala City to pick up the package.
We still need more volleyballs and any baseball/softball equipment. It would be wonderful but I am not complaining because God has blessed us so much. I told the PE instructor I was crying and he said he did too. When we saw the equipment, it was just an answer to prayer.

We are starting our sports programs here first with Men's Soccer and Women's volleyball (April, May). Then we are going to transition to Basketball (June and July) and then Men's baseball and Women's soccer. I am very excited to see what God is doing here because these kids have gone without for so long.

No comments: