Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Aughahgh. They don't celebrate this holiday in Guatemala. I wasn't even thinking about the Holiday and tonight we were getting ready to play soccer. I asked my roommate if she wouldn't mind me wearing her soccer socks to the game. She said that's fine. I walk out of the room with my green soccer socks and my Guatemalan roommate rolls her eyes at me. I was like, "What did I do now?" She said in spanish (of course) "You are celebrating St. Patrick's Day, I see?" I was like, "What?" I looked down and I was wearing green socks, of course. I laughed so hard. I was a little embarrassed but then realized no one celebrates it here so I don't need to worry. I got to the soccer field and noone said anything. Shew! I might be an airhead at times but at least I'm not a pen head. I thought you might like the story. Any stories for me about St. Patty's Day?

No comments: