



Scott and I are so excited to share what God has done in our life. We are so amazed at His love and faithfulness. We have been trying to have children for about two years now and it seems more like four. But as time went on it became clear we needed to seek Him and seek extra help. We started on a fertility drug called clomid and then we had to get off it because we took our first trip together as leaders to Africa. We had an amazing time learning about the ministry and all they are doing for kids in Africa. On our return we decided to stay on clomid for three more months and pray it will work. One month into it, we get a phone call from my mother's little sister (BBBS) who is now 20 and 6 months pregnant. She asked us out of the blue to be her babies parents. We were shocked but excited. We are still praying God will allow us to be this little babies parents.
This past November we celebrated our 2 year anniversary and had a wonderful time. That evening Scott wanted me to take a pregnancy test. I was five days late but I was nervous about ruining our anniversary if it came back negative. We took it and found out we were pregnant. It was our special gift from God. It was so sweet and special to find out but we were also scared we might have read it wrong. We took it again in the morning and sure enough positive again. I started getting signs of pregnancy. Took another test about three days before we were suppose to see our Dr. for an appointment. Positive!!! We went to the appointment and shared with the doctor we were planning on adopting. He assured us we would probably have a low chance of having twins. He jellied up my belly and as he stuck the sonagram on my tummy and instantly we saw two babies. WOW!!!! We looked at each other and we started laughing. The Doctor gave us some time to talk and laugh. We kissed and we were so excited to hear our loved ones have finally come. Oh we were so amazed. It was awesome! I feel overwhelmed with joy.
How am I feeling these days. Well besides all the symptoms......... I feel so grateful. Many ask us if we are overwhelmed. I just say to them. God is incontrol and we will do with what God has given us. We pray for all of our blessings and pray we can do what we can to love these babies and give the glory to God. He is the provider and finisher of our faith.
3 comments:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!! Thank you for taking the time to write all this out! I'm sure you have told this story about 1000 times by now! We are thrilled for you guys and can't wait to meet all these babies. XOXOXOXO!
I stumbled upon your blog after visiting Elizabeth's blog. I don't even know you but I am very excited that God is blessing you guys in such a huge way! My husband and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 years now. We are learning more and more to trust God and wait patiently for whatever he has in store for us! It is a difficult journey though, as I'm sure you are quite familiar with! Congratulations to you guys!
Allison, it's a long never ending feeling to wish and hope for a baby. We will begin to pray for you and for your husband. Start taking steps to show God you are faithful to His Guidance. He knows the desires of your heart and this will become reality some day, in some fashion. I hope you were encouraged by my blog. God Bless. Keep pressing on and stay hopeful.
tina
Post a Comment