Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Holiday Times with Friends and Family









We had a wonderful Christmas full of laughter and peace! All of our family was in good health beside the flu bug I caught. We had an amazing time seeing friends and hosting them. We had two friends from out of town stay with us and they were such a joy. They are such good friends who love to play guitar and sing so, I had a blast hanging with them and jamming in the basement.
We had Christmas Eve at Scott's families house which is their tradition to eat sloppy joe's then open presents. Christmas morning we opened up our gifts to one another and Scott got me a Dallas Cowboy Jersey of Jason Witten! I loved it! I got him a K-State Sweatshirt and more clothes. We got a new monitor and I also got Scott and Printer/Scanner/Copier but you guys already know that..lol. Later we went to my mom's house for breakfast and then to my Uncle's for lunch. We had a great time with my mom's side of the family. Mom, of course, out did herself again and had a wonderful display of presents for Scott and I. We love our wood statue of a couple in love. My brother called while I was at Scott's Mother's families house and I could barely talk by that time because my cold caused me to lose my voice. I got to watch my nephew on skype the next day paint me a picture and write out "To Tina From Huck". It was so cool! It was awesome!
New Years Eve was spent at our friends house, the Wheeler's. They had about 15 couples and a few singles come hang out! We had a great time. New years day we had football playing and around 40 people in and out of our house all day long. It was awesome but very tiring. We do this annually and it's our way to see everyone who is from out of town and allow them to just stop by. But we also have great friends who stayed most of the day with us. All in all it was great to see everyone.

One funny thing that happened is we have a friend who was one of Scott's old roommates (Joe). He called while we were at my Uncle's on Christmas and it was of course loud. Scott didn't completely hear all he was saying and missed the fact he was going to pick up his big big big screen T.V. the day after New Years. So on New Years, one of our friends asks us what we are going to do when Joe takes the T.V. Both of us were like "what????" Joe came by later to confirm this information and how he was ready to take his T.V. he had left in Scott's house while he was in the Marines for five years. Needless to say.... we are now without a T.V. downstairs. Oh the memories! It really was a sad moment to see our big basement seem even bigger! So, now we rearranged some furniture and the focus is on our fireplace. A few nights later, we ate smores and enjoyed a quite evening without a T.V. sigh!

No comments: