Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas is coming!






What have you missed out on? We decorated the house and now it looks all Christmasy. Well, I moved my best friend to Kansas City on her birthday and enjoyed learning about IHOP (international house of prayer). The worship there was amazing and I enjoyed just the openness of ministry.

Scott, his uncle and Dad cut up the tree that feel on the beloved outhouse for our barn dances. So now we have fire wood for our fireplace during the winter. Scott went hunting with his buddies a few weekends ago and had a great time.

I am officiating basketball now and it's been an interesting fun way to make great money. I have gotten to know several officials and it's been a great way to meet people. I am looking forward to coaching softball at Heights again with my sweet husband. We are both are anticipating the Spring.

Scott is still having men's bible study at our house on Wednesdays and I joined the choir to give me something to do that evening and use one of my gifts. It's been fun and interesting at the same time. It's been a long time since I have read music and its a much more relaxed atmosphere then in high school.

We are also taking a team to Kenya (Africa) this summer so we are praying to pick the right people to go and make sure we are leading by example. We hope to have a big impact on people who have never gone overseas and also to love on some kids in Kenya. We are planning on doing the Jesus Film, VBS and sports on this trip. It's going to be very exciting.

Scott has four days to take off before Christmas so we are able to spend more time with each other the next couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to having him around. I love waking up beside him unlike most days he leaves very early in the morning. Well, I hope we caught you up on our happenings. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your home looks beautiful as always! Wish we were going to see it in person this year ... THanks for Skyping with us the other day ... crazy fun!
XOXOXOXO